For Those Who Are Tired of Holding it Together

Oh, precious friend,

I know you are tired. Exhausted. Running on the hamster wheel, spinning all the plates. And you say this is life. That you just have to get through this. Find a way to function in the chaos.

But sweet girl, that is no way to live this one life we are given. The world needs the very best of you and just “surviving” isn’t it.

Sometimes when we pour ourselves into other activities and commitments, it’s so we don’t have to face what is standing right in front of us. Because those things hurt. And so we hide behind our “busyness”.

But here’s a secret: you can do the hard things. You can.

You’ve spent much of your life holding it together for everyone else. I know you are strong, so strong. But lately, it’s getting more difficult.

But here’s another secret: it’s OK to let go. It’s OK to say “I’m overwhelmed, I need help, I can’t do this anymore.” It doesn’t mean you are weak. It means you are real.

You are not responsible for everyone else. You can love and you can care and you can pray, but don’t carry the burdens.

You’ve spent so much energy on trying to hold it altogether, it’s time to let go.

leaf heart

Rest. Be Still.

You are so very loved.

xoxo

This entry was posted in Encouragement, My Life, Stuck-in-a-funk{y} Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to For Those Who Are Tired of Holding it Together

1. Cari (a slightly insane doctor's wife) says:

Yes, I needed that. My husband’s long hours, our newly diabetic and now blind dog and two kittens who we got the week before said dog lost his sight has me just plain wiped out. I’m a clean freak but I can’t keep up with the demands I put on myself. Thank you for this post, to remind myself I don’t have to be superwoman…not every day at least. x

2. Renee Reed says:

Just what I needed to hear! Thank you!!

3. Stephanie says:

Perfect timing Amber.
    Thank you for writing about letting go… praying , loving , but let the burden of responsibility go. Being responsible for everyone…… wears one down. I am also a mom of four. I get the turtle/rabbit thing… I get the burden thing. Thanks to writing to worn out souls. Julie True’s song ‘Be Still’ (Psalm 46:10) really helps one realize He is in charge… why am I worrying.
    Blessings .. keep encouraging… keep writing,
    Gratefully yours,
    Stephanie

4. Jen says:

Thank you. You are loved as well. <3
    Jen recently posted..40 Questions Everyone is Afraid to AskMy Profile

5. Elaine Williams says:

You have no idea what these life-giving words meant to me at the exact moment I read them. Thank you, Amber.

6. Barb says:

❤️ Again with your perfect timing, Amber! Every day I count my blessings. And every day I practice gratutude and grace. Yet still, there is so much that causes the feeling of being overwhelmed. Reading your post was a nice way to close this day. Thank you.
    Barb recently posted..…and vanilla ice creamMy Profile