OK, I can’t keep it in any longer.
Did anyone else watch Bravo TV’s newest reality show, Married to Medicine?
Can I just say….ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!
Reality? Not so much.
It’s so unrealistic, so scripted, it hurts. The acting may be sub-par, but I will say they definitely have some characters on the show, so good job ladies.
Here are a few of my initial thoughts:
1) Maybe they tried to get on the Real Housewives of Atlanta but didn’t make the cut so they started their own show.
2) When did Atlanta become reality show central? How many shows are based out of there?
2) The only women I actually respect on that show are the actual Doctors. Though I was a little shocked that they agreed to be on something like this. (Especially Dr. Jackie)
3) Who goes to that many parties?
4) Maybe they should branch out of their “tight medical social circle” and make some new friends. It might decrease the drama. Oh wait, stupid me….that’s not what they want.
4) Why do they keep saying “you have to act like a doctor’s wife“? Can someone please tell me how a doctor’s wife is supposed to act? I didn’t realize there was a code of conduct…well, besides being respectful and polite… just like everyone should act.
5) Quad needs to stop throwing around her husband’s college and medical school credentials. Who cares where he went? The point is…he went to med school and now he’s a doctor. I get it. He’s smart. Way to go Dr. Quad.
6) The one thing it’s missing: arguments between husbands and wives. I think a lot of doctor’s wives harbor resentment and bitterness because of the nature of their husband’s job & schedule. Oh wait, maybe that’s just me :/
7) It’s worse than high school. I really hope the cattiness is scripted because if that’s for real….yowza! I’m embarrassed for them.
But I’m sure they don’t care what people like me think. I’m sure they figure they are the smart ladies who came up with this show and are happy to be rolling in the dough and enjoying the fame.
So bravo ladies. Way to keep the unrealistic stereotypes alive.
I still love what my husband said to me when I told him about this show. I made the comment that I didn’t think any of the “doctor’s wives” were married to their husbands during med school or residency (maybe one was) and he said, “Oh. Then they’re not real doctor’s wives.” So, according to him, you have to experience the grueling, awful years of training to be qualified as a “real” DW. And that’s why I love him :)
Oh, and you can find some other real doctor’s wife over at Medical Monday link up.