My thoughts on Bravo TV’s newest show Married to Medicine

OK, I can’t keep it in any longer.

Did anyone else watch Bravo TV’s newest reality show, Married to Medicine?

married2med

Can I just say….ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

Reality? Not so much.

Entertaining? Possibly.

It’s so unrealistic, so scripted, it hurts. The acting may be sub-par, but I will say they definitely have some characters on the show, so good job ladies.

Here are a few of my initial thoughts:

1) Maybe they tried to get on the  Real Housewives of Atlanta but didn’t make the cut so they started their own show.

2) When did Atlanta become reality show central? How many shows are based out of there?

2) The only women I actually respect on that show are the actual Doctors. Though I was a little shocked that they agreed to be on something like this. (Especially Dr. Jackie)

3) Who goes to that many parties?

4) Maybe they should branch out of their “tight medical social circle” and make some new friends. It might decrease the drama. Oh wait, stupid me….that’s not what they want.

4) Why do they keep saying “you have to act like a doctor’s wife“? Can someone please tell me how a doctor’s wife is supposed to act? I didn’t realize there was a code of conduct…well, besides being respectful and polite… just like everyone should act.

5) Quad needs to stop throwing around her husband’s college and medical school credentials. Who cares where he went? The point is…he went to med school and now he’s a doctor. I get it. He’s smart. Way to go Dr. Quad.

6) The one thing it’s missing: arguments between husbands and wives. I think a lot of doctor’s wives harbor resentment and bitterness because of the nature of their husband’s job & schedule. Oh wait, maybe that’s just me :/

7) It’s worse than high school. I really hope the cattiness is scripted because if that’s for real….yowza! I’m embarrassed for them.

But I’m sure they don’t care what people like me think. I’m sure they figure they are the smart ladies who came up with this show and are happy to be rolling in the dough and enjoying the fame.

So bravo ladies. Way to keep the unrealistic stereotypes alive.

I still love what my husband said to me when I told him about this show. I made the comment that I didn’t think any of the “doctor’s wives” were married to their husbands during med school or residency (maybe one was) and he said, “Oh. Then they’re not real doctor’s wives.”  So, according to him, you have to experience the grueling, awful years of training to be qualified as a “real” DW.  And that’s why I love him :)

Oh, and you can find some other real doctor’s wife over at Medical Monday link up.

This entry was posted in Marriage, Medical Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to My thoughts on Bravo TV’s newest show Married to Medicine

1. walter says:

This show proves it ALWAYS GETTO. hell none of them have any hair living on someone else s dime only two women are drs. and im sure the boards were not standard test like white drs. getto. getto. getto.like all of them, babys out of wedlock,and having more never know when they will be back on the welfare back in section 8 just stupid rags.

2. sharon coffman says:

I sure was praying you would not bring back marryah hug. Drs wives shouldn’t be trash and cuss and fight.

3. I’m going to promptly comprehension ones rss after i can not to locate ones e-mail ongoing backlink or newsletter program. Complete you’ve every? Please allow me to identify to ensure that I can sign up to. Thanks a lot.

4. Ruthie P. says:

I have always been told black women cannot get along and this show validates that myth. These women can change how society see (black women) us. These women are role models for young women. Please stop fighting and back bitting we see enough of that on FOX NEWS.

5. gloria says:

Kerri looks like her lips hurt she’s plastic. Toya you will never have class, like. QUAD,MARIAH, give it a rest quit player hating. Dr. Jackie and Dr. Simone Yale are not all that.

6. Angella m says:

Toya is a low classed ghetto girl.She is a sh#$ starter.And a hypocrite,and I think she deserved that whooping.Don’t talk about anyones child or mother and she put her hands on Mariah first.Touching her hair and approaching Mariah aggressively.She asked to get her flat butt beat.Remember where you came from toya you can never win when your dirty.

7. Pamela says:

As an African-American professional individual, I found last Sunday’s episode to be utterly disgusting and embarassing for all African-American women. The behavior depicted is Sunday’s episode just confirms the saying “black women are so angry” and in this case quite stupid. Is the how Atlanta’s so-called elite act

8. Ugh…the show is terrible. My mom even texted me and said that if I ever turned into something like that she would stop talking to me! Love what your hubby said about it :)
    Mrs. Dr. Looze recently posted..Mini Makeover: Blog EditionMy Profile

9. Kristin says:

HO. LEE. CRAP. We don’t have TV on the island and I’m taking this as a good thing.

10. Tiffany says:

I am watching married to medicine and what I dislike is a bunch of now wealthy females who tend to forget where they come from. I believe the most wealthy comes with simple talk not words that they too do not understand not how to use them correctly. It makes them even more ghetto fabulous than they believe themselves not to be. I know you have made it but being highly educated and low class makes you no different than that of middle class with extra dollars. I bet when The Lord takes back your blessings reality may hit you and bring you down to earth because God can give you and take it away!!!! Kari what I see is some one as a wannabe she looks to be someone who sexed her way to get what she want she does not come to me as someone born as republican but as a democrat who dreamt to be someone someday, humble,positivity sensitivity pure heart caring sharing and unselfish individual makes you the most wealthiest person in God’s eyes and those type of people are the ones who is continually blessed

11. I saw the show yesterday and my husband yelled, “Turn off that trash”, LOL. Now, I will have to watch it when he isn’t at home. There was too much cattiness, weaves and botox going for sure.
    The Frugal Exerciser recently posted..I love these pants!My Profile

12. Jessica says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that your hubby said that they don’t count as “real” doctor’s wives if they weren’t around for med school and/or residency! Come on, you have to make it through the trial by fire to earn the title! :)
    Jessica recently posted..29 weeksMy Profile

13. davita says:

It’s like a train wreck. It’s so horrifying, but you just can not turn away. The fighting is exhausting to me. I just can’t live my life like that– having my guard up all the time. I can handle honesty, but there are just some things that should never be said. I’m a terrible dawkter’s wife, I want to wear my jeans, tee shirt, and rainbows and just chill. Kari would die if she could see this ortho wife!!
    davita recently posted..full bloomMy Profile

14. Thanks for joining Medical Mondays! There was a watch party for that show on our Facebook group. It was pretty hilarious to read their reactions even though I wasn’t watching it. LOL! Sounds like it was a doozy!

15. You guys shouldn’t have told me about the show LOL, now I’m going to go watch!
    The Frugal Exerciser recently posted..How to get a bigger butt like Kim Kardashian and BeyonceMy Profile

16. Thanks for linking up with us again Amber! I love your take on the show. I still haven’t watched it – but think I will now just to see for myself:-) And your husband is spot on, they aren’t real doctors wives – we are!
    From A Doctor’s Wife recently posted..No Fooling Around It’s Medical Mondays!My Profile

17. HopefulLeigh says:

I usually watch most Bravo shows eventually but I haven’t seen this one. When I saw the promo, I totally wondered if you were going to watch!
    HopefulLeigh recently posted..What I’m Into (March 2013 Links Edition)My Profile

how could I not watch?! ;) Part of me wants to turn it off it’s so bad….but I keep watching to see if it gets any better. So far, that’s not happening :/

18. Awwwww. Your husband sounds amazing. :)

I think you should read Emma’s post on this as well. I find them both hilarious.

Plus, is it just me or is the ethnic makeup of the cast kind of skewed? Maybe they’re going for upper middle class, aka we have a lot of money now but look, look, we had to work for it (and by “we”, they mean “him”.)

Who knows. I have no intention whatsoever to look at this show any further, but I find the whole concept very amusing.

Abigail
    Abigail Cashelle recently posted..HAWMC 1: Why I WriteMy Profile

I haven’t been over to see her post!! I’ll have to do that. I’m sure it’s hilarious :) And you’re right, the whole concept is amusing…maybe that’s why it’s getting such high ratings…haha!