It’s been quiet around here, yeah?
Have you been enjoying the crickets?
Don’t worry, I am alive…in case you were wondering. They’ll shut up soon.
So where have I been? Well, this move has brought some changes and challenges. And some that have kept me away from this here little blog.
First, since we moved in the middle of the school year, my three children who were in school, are now home with me. All. the. time. Like 24/7. I love my kids, I really do. It’s just been a huge adjustment. Trying to find time to myself not only to blog, but just to think without being interrupted, is proving to be very difficult.
Second, I’ve been traveling back and forth to our house in Tennessee weeding through the junk we left there and getting it ready to put on the market. This is quite the task when traveling alone with four kids and the dog (who hates being in the car…the dog, not the kids). Since we moved all of our furniture, we can’t stay at our house so we get to stay at my parents’ place. Which is great….except the fact they don’t have Internet! And their neighbors all have secured networks – how dare they! I never truly realized how much I rely on the world wide web to pretty much do everything. For reals.
So here I am sitting in Panera on a Sunday morning typing this as I am listening to a girl being interviewed for a nursing program or something by a jolly, older southern gentlemen. I’ve learned she has been a nanny for 10 years and loves “her” kids. She even visits one of the families every year in Holland. She is from Maine, and wait… what? She only has to take two general ed courses! Wow. She’s way ahead of everyone else the man said!
Anywho, I may not have been on this little space, but I’ve been keeping busy.
Here’s what I’ve been up to lately…
2) Watched a few movies. Yes, Pitch Perfect, duh. But also Silver Linings Playbook…two times. Once with my mama and once by myself. Cause I really do love it that much. And yes, I cried both times.
3) Have had a few late night talks with my oldest daughter (10 years old) who, truth be told, is more mature than me. She read one of the books I read (about an international adoption). She was in shock & heart broken. We’ve talked about the injustices in this world. We cried together and brainstormed ways we can do something about it.
4) I’m doing this art course again. It starts Tuesday! I’m so excited!!! (and I’m sure I’ll cry as some point along the way).
5) I found this conference and I think is what I’ve been looking for. A place to encourage women to live our story…and turning our mess into our message. I hope it will be filled with creativity and love.
I don’t know much about the women hosting it, but I do know they are beautiful, creative souls. (and if I go, I know I will cry.)
The only crying I do with with these pics, is from laughter, cause I’m such a dork.
7) I’ve got something something big happening next month and it starts on Friday! I’m
totally freaked out excited & scared at the same time. Here’s a little hint…
P.S. I’m gonna need your help. And yes, sometimes I cry when I think about it.