Sweet Home Alabama?

It’s official.

The contract is signed.

We’re moving to Alabama.

Never ever ever did I think that would be my home.

Yeah, the song is catchy and the movie is sweet, but to actually reside there? To be honest, this has been a tough one for me.

First, it’s not the “end” I pictured. For all these years, I had in my mind that we most likely would  stay in Tennessee, or if we were to move, it would be back to Texas. Alabama wasn’t ever on the radar. Ever.

Second, I’m heading to the land of smocking, monograms, and jon jons. Not that there is anything wrong with those (well, there is with the jon jons), it’s just that these things scream southern and I will never understand why mothers insist on dressing their little boys like girls.

Third, football season. Enough said.

Fourth, well, I wrote about it before.

All that to say, a signed contract anywhere means that we are finally at the end of this crazy long exhausting chapter in life. HJ is excited and really likes the place he works, so that makes me happy. I’m just hoping the next few years won’t be so hard. (knock on wood!)

And I know that with every move we’ve ever made, it is always clear why we were supposed to be there. It may take a while, but I know good things will come of it. (knock on wood!)

This entry was posted in Medical Life, Southern Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sweet Home Alabama?

1. posters says:

I’d been recommended this site by way of the relative. I’m not specified whether this informative article will be composed through him while who else know this sort of focused close to my difficulty. You are astounding! Thanks a lot!

2. Lauren says:

Hi Amber! I just found your blog from Jessi’s. I grew up in AL (Montgomery) and I love it! I now live in Dallas and I think Birmingham has a lot of similarities to Dallas. Good and bad, but I think you will really like it. You are right about dressing little boys like girls but your kids are prob almost out of that stage! :)

3. calee yoe says:

Amber!! You will grow to love Alabama- a great place to raise a family- and I don’t plan on putting my boys in john johns (at least for too long anyways). A lot of MUSC people are moving there (or have just moved there). We will be back in 3 years! Where will you be living? I can introduce you to a lot of good people. Birmingham people are sweet- unless you are talking about football- that is my least favorite thing about AL- but that’s what happens when you bring home national championships every year . Get in touch with me if you have any questions!!!! CONGRATS on being done!

4. Brittney says:

As soon as I read this, I looked up and read a words sign (that I actually forgot was there). It says, “home sweet home. Take a deep breath, you’re home.” Despite the kinda un-inviting state flag you guys will flourish there! :) Take a deep breath, you’re almost there. Love you!

5. Amber- wherever you go you are a blessing. Wondering if you need some kind people around you- My childhood friends live there and I know would welcome you with open arms! xo

6. HopefulLeigh says:

When will this move occur? Because we need to hang out a bit before you leave!
    HopefulLeigh recently posted..The Eleventh Month of HopingMy Profile

7. Julie says:

CONGRATS! That’s an awsome thing and a relief I’m sure. I know what you mean about places never being on the radar and moving there. I’m still trying to figure out all the “whys” of some of our moves. Including this one. Good luck getting the house ready and boxes packed. :)

The packing and moving is what the most overwhelming! I wish I could wave my magic wand and be packed up, moved, unpacked and settled in.