Why I had to stay up late tonight

I was planning on an early night tonight. I had given myself permission to crawl into bed once the kids were all tucked away.

But like usual, my plans don’t always work out.

I could tell my 8 year old had gotten a second wind and knew if I tried putting both her and her sister to bed, she would end up bouncing off the walls and keeping my early-to-bed daughter awake. So, I let her bounce around in my room.

I was getting my bed ready for her when she complained for the millionth time how her head still itches. Realizing that she was about to lay her itchy head on my pillow, I told her I wanted to take a look just to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong, knowing full well what I was really looking for.

Whoop, there it is.

And bonus! The other one has it too.

I guess I’ll just have to wait till the morning to check out my boys.

So when you’re over-dramatic daughter tells you her head itches, don’t blow her off and tell her it’s probably just a dry scalp. Cause you’ll pay five days later when you have to stay up till 11 at night doing laundry and combing through her hair. Ugh.

Linking up for Five Minute Fridays.

Five Minute Friday

This entry was posted in Mom Life. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Why I had to stay up late tonight

1. Mia says:

Hi Amber
    Oh, the joys of motherhood! Lice, worms, etc. etc.! Thanks for sharing your mothering with us empty nesters (my first totally empty nest year) . Funny how we miss them after we could not wait for them to leave to have some quality time between Hubbie and me!
    Your words to me was nostalgic. Ha, ha, ha … can one get nostalgic over lice!
    Blessings
    Mia recently posted..Stay in MeMy Profile

Mia, I hope I can look back on this and get sentimental, but right now, it ain’t happening! My head itches just thinking about this whole thing!!! Glad you stopped by :)

2. Nicole says:

That stinks! I remember my little sister was prone to getting it…had to have her hair doused in kerosene once. She screamed. the. entire. time. HA. Glad it’s not that bad!
    Nicole recently posted..Five Minute Friday: StayMy Profile

3. Nataline says:

I’m so sorry, and yet this made me laugh. I have SO been there. And when you work in the medical field you feel like no one can ever catch your kids with LICE! My funniest day was when I wrote a prescription for a patient who had lice and realized that I could get one for my kid too! Hope it is over soon!

My husband (the pediatrician) was of no help. He just kept saying, “ew… yuck… that’s nasty.” So much for being married to someone who is supposed to know about this stuff ;)

4. wzm says:

we went through that a couple of months ago. laundry, shampooing, combing – no fun.

5. Alia Joy says:

Ohhh, icky. So sorry, friend. That’s no fun at all. At least you checked before she layed in your bed. My kids have never gotten lice but I remember having them when I was a kid and doing the forever comb through and shampoos and my mom washing all of our clothes and sheets methodically. It sounds like a nightmare. Praying rest for you and your girls as you “recover.” ;)
    Alia Joy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: StayMy Profile

6. Nikki says:

Nooooo! and I’m so sorry!

and yuck. It’s a good thing we love them, isn’t it. ;)

for what it’s worth, I’m thankful you were up late and had the notion to write this so I could wind up your neighbor over at Lisa Jo’s and meet you proper

BIG Hugs to you! I enjoyed my visit…
    Nikki recently posted..STAY ~ Five Minute FridayMy Profile

Nice to meet you too Nikki, but sorry this is post you were greeted with :/
      When I saw “stay” as the prompt all I could think about was how I had to stay up with my girls tonight and how they have to stay home…but such is life!