Hi! I’m Amber. Nice to meet you.

So, apparently I’m thinking of myself as a “blogger” these days. So much so that I signed up for a blogging/social media conference. Say What?!

After registering and then figuring out the only way to connect with anyone from this conference was on twitter, I then realized that I am going to pretty much be the grandma oldest person at this conference. It’s looking like a bunch of young 20 something year olds.

I feel a mid-life crisis coming on….

Also, this will be the 2nd time this year that I will be sharing a room with 3 complete strangers. My husband doesn’t understand why I would do that. And frankly, neither do I. But it seems to work out just fine. Moving along…

They are having a little “get to know you” blog post sharing day. I thought that was great as I had been planning on sharing more about myself as I see a whopping 7 new people subscribed who aren’t my friends and maybe they would like to know who this unconventional doctor’s wife really is. Our instructions were simple.

Post: 3 get to know you things, 2 things I’m looking forward to about the conference, and 1 thing I can’t leave home without.

So to make it a little more fun, I thought I’d play 2 truths and a lie, three times. Bonus for y’all, you’ll get to know 6 things about me…lucky you!

Here we go:

#1 – I was born in Olympia, WA and lived on the west coast till I married me a Texan when I was 22. Yee haw.

#2 – Shrimp and grits are two things that should NEVER go together

#3 – I LOVE smocking! especially on little boys…so cute! :)

{and the lie is…..#3. I do not love smocking…especially not on little boys. It makes them look like little girls. I do not understand why people do this. Sorry to all those I offend. And I really do think shrimp n’ grits are gross, along with boiled peanuts for that matter.}

#1 – I cannot wait to adopt one day (sooner than later, I hope…Hayden, are you reading this? I said sooner than later. hint hint…)

#2 – Since marrying my husband, we have lived in San Antonio, TX, Charleston, SC, Nashville, TN (currently), and now it’s looking like the next move will be to  Birmingham, AL.

#3 – I have blondish hair and am 5 feet 5 inches tall.

{and the lie is…#3. I do not have blonde hair and I am not 5’5″ tall. I am the little 5′ barely pushing 2″ brunette girl, wearing the mom jean shorts circa 1994. And I may or may not still have those shorts. And I’m a lot heavier than the 95lbs I was in that picture. yikes.}

#1 – I pride myself on making awesome Halloween costumes

and I like to make my kids cry just so they can look cute on Halloween.

#2 – I, the baptist girl, married me a holy-rolling charismatic boy.

(and then 12 years later I went gray and he went bald. True story.)

#3 – I sometimes ruin good pictures with inappropriate gestures.

{and the lie is…none! Those are all true :)}

Let’s do one more just for fun!

#1 – My four children are Sadie (10 years old), Khaki (8), Tad (5 1/2), Knox (2 1/2) and being pregnant with all of them gave me stretch marks up to my boobs.

#2 – I thought it was called the SCC until recently (yes, I am referring to the Southeastern Conference)

#3 – My dog, Daisy cannot control her bladder.

{and the lie is…#1. Those are not my children’s names. If you want to know their names, you have to wait to meet me in person. But those are their ages and they did give me stretch marks across my entire stomach. Thank you very much children. Mama still loves you. And yes, I just learned it is called the SEC even though I have lived in the south for over 10 years. I should be embarrassed about this, but I don’t really care cause I don’t really watch football. I realize that may be a problem since I might be moving to Alabama soon where I hear football is life. Lord help me if that’s true.}

Now that I’ve taken up your time with my little game, I will answer the other things straight up. I can follow directions (sometimes).

The two things I’m looking forward to about the conference are…

1) Since I am going to this conference knowing absolutely NO ONE, I hope to make a friend or two and excited to meet people and talk face to face

2) maybe someone can show me some technical skills about blogging cause I am clueless with the computer stuff!

The one thing I don’t leave home without. Hmmm….

Well, on a daily basis, I would say my phone or keys. But for away-from-home trips… I don’t leave without my blankie. Yes, I still sleep with a blankie. It’s not my original one as my husband wouldn’t let me take it with me when I got married. So when I had kids, I stole one of theirs. (Shut up. We all have our issues. And I’m not the only 34 year old that still has one…Brittney!)

So there you are. Now you all know a little bit more about me. Hope I didn’t scare you off or freak you out. Sorry to my 3 roommates. Hope you still want to sleep with me :)

Peace out.

Amber.

This entry was posted in Confessions, My Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Hi! I’m Amber. Nice to meet you.

1. Katie says:

Hahaha!!!!! I thought it was the SCC until I just read this. Oh my word! lol

2. Hi roomie- I love this post- and love your sense of humor, honesty, and ability to laugh at the crazy things that this thing called motherhood throws at you- us. Love you bunches- for reals.
    xo,

Shannon

3. Mindy Harris says:

i’m now completely obsessed with you.
    you are hilarious.

4. Lara says:

What can I say—I just love you, girl–anyone who grabs boobs of someone three feet taller than them in a photo is a 10 in my book. Ha!

AND–you grew up 45 mins from me. My mom still lives in the same house on Queen Anne in Seattle.

5. Cyndi Spivey says:

To make you feel better, you won’t be the oldest person at the conference. :-) I noticed all the young faces too and I’m having second thoughts!
    Blessings,
    Cyndi
    Cyndi Spivey recently posted..Fall Fashion Trends Week-The Ankle BootMy Profile

No second thoughts Cyndi! I need you to go cause selfishly I need some serious help in the fashion dept! Can’t wait to meet you!

6. Lyndsay says:

You made me literally laugh out loud! I hope we get to meet at the conference! I also don’t know anyone going but after reading so many meet-and-greets, I feel like there will just be a bunch of self-proclaimed introverts who realize we are all much more outgoing and friendly then we are letting on :) Looking forward to a great time!

7. Nicole says:

Oh girl you had me cracking up the entire time! Such a fun post and I can’t wait for October!!
    Nicole recently posted..Meet & GreetMy Profile

8. Jill says:

Yes! Let’s! (be friends) but I have to say…I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to be in a picture with you!

9. Okay, you are hilarious and adorable! I love you already !! :) Girl, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You went to Westmont?? Love that place. I toured there in High School and one of my dad’s best friends is a prof there (Do you know Dr Bruce Fisk?) I ended up attended The Master’s College though, and loved it :)

Can’t wait to meet you in person. Til then, I WILL be reading this blog – hilarious and your heart is just so amazing!!

xoxo
    Erin
    Erin@ Sweetness Itself Blog recently posted..influence & somethin’ about me.My Profile

10. Brooke says:

You sound like a lot of fun! So nice to meet you! :)
    Brooke recently posted..Get to Know Me: The Influence Conference Link-Up Party!My Profile

11. hah i loved this “get to know you” post. You are going to be the life of the party, I can tell ;) Look forward to meeting you !!!
    Kerrie Williams recently posted..Influence Meet & Greet linkupMy Profile

12. Lisa~ says:

Ha! I only know one person going and have zero connection with the rest of the crowd, so if we get scared we can hang together. We can take our picture together to Instagram and show we’re having a great time, just please don’t grab any inappropriate body parts.

Can’t wait to meet ya! Lisa~

Lisa- your blog is beautiful! and you live in Kerrville! Your home/property sounds exactly what I dream of. I love that you have a guest house for visitors. I promise not to be on my best behavior when taking pictures with you! ;)

13. Chelsea says:

Haha, too fun! I spent a summer in Washington state and LOVED it.
    Oh and your Halloween costumes are awesome!

That was probably the best time to go to WA. Otherwise, you probably wouldn’t have loved it ;) Thanks for stopping by Chelsea!

14. This was SUCH a fun post! Khaki would certainly be an interesting name for a kid… And shrimp and grits = never had them (together) but I’m not a fan of grits, so I’m with you on that one.

Looking forward to meeting you!
    Amanda {at} Royal Daughter Designs recently posted..I’m going to Influence.My Profile

15. Moriah Sunde says:

You’re going to fit right in with us, girl. Haha!
    Moriah Sunde recently posted..The Influence Conference: Pre-Conference Meet & GreetMy Profile

16. You’re in no way a grandma if you are connecting with people on Twitter! Or am I the only one that can’t get that world figured out? Looking forward to meeting you!

I’m still a twitter newby. You should come over to the dark side, I mean…join us on twitter ;) Looking forward to meeting you too Trina!

17. Mackenzie says:

You are so much fun – I think you’ll fit in with everyone quite nicely! :) Amen to the stretch marks, I got a WHOLE LOT of those too :) And I’m originally from Washington too, in the Kirkland area. Excited to meet you!

18. Kelly Peraino says:

I still sleep with my original blankie and am PROUD OF IT. Shame on Hayden for not accepting the two of you as a package deal. I am proud to have been a partner in Halloween with you – one of the best costumes I’ve ever worn!! And we sang the Oompa Loompa song all night!

19. Oh my goodness, where to even begin? So much to talk about. I grew up in Alabama and football IS life. Brace yourself. I wasn’t sure how to process Khaki as a child’s name, so thank you for not making me. I went to my first blogging conference in March when I didn’t consider myself a blogger either. I survived and you will too. Find me. I wanna sit by you. : )
    Amanda @ Life.Edited. recently posted..Influence meet & greetMy Profile

I think that is one of my biggest fears about moving to Alambama…football. I wish I were kidding. Yes, let’s talk! Save me a seat :)

20. Ok, girl, another fabulous post that left me in stitches! You do have a way with words! So my question is, what conference are you headed to? And to be brave going to one knowing you’re the “grandma” … doubt it! .. and still need help with the whole computer issue. Crazy, isn’t it, that we both use this thing everyday and yet have soooo much to learn! You seem to be doing just fine, though…. I’m impressed!
    kadee metzger recently posted..She’s A Winner!!!My Profile

OK, Kadee- maybe I should start charging for my entertainment, huh? ;) I am going to Influence Conference in October. I guess I should have mentioned that…oops. I’ll pass on any valuable info I learn, ok?

21. Jessi says:

Its calle the sEc? No, seriously? 34 will be like a spring chicken at this conference – don’t let twitter pics fool you. And you can borrow my blanky if you forget yours:)

Are you telling me that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know it was the sEc or are you making fun of me?! ;) Sweet, I love spring chickens. Thank you for offering up your blanky, but I’m pretty sure mine will be with me at all times :) Can’t wait to meet you Jessi!

22. Annie says:

Hahaha! This made me laugh. I smiled wide when I saw your comment about shrimp and grits. I’m allergic to shrimp and I don’t know how I feel about any food named “grits,” regardless of how tasty it may or may not be (I wouldn’t know; I haven’t tried them), so the combination leaves me apprehensive at best.

You’re brave to go to a conference knowing no one! I say that as a complete introvert. I don’t think I could do it.
    Annie recently posted..influence: the introductionMy Profile

Hey Annie- honestly I’ve never had shrimp n’ grits cause I hate seafood. I tried grits once and that was enough :) Can’t wait to meet you in real life!