Five Minute Friday: Here

Five Minute Friday

This is my second week to participate in Five Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo.

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

And the topic is: HERE

Ready, set….write!

Frozen. Paralyzed. In a fog.

All words that describe my time while I was walking around, but never really present.

I knew something was wrong. But couldn’t figure it out.

I was at the park with my kids and husband. They were running. I was watching.

An out of body experience. As if I was watching from the outside.

I remember trying to smile. It didn’t feel natural. It wasn’t.

Finally went for help. Finally talked to someone. Someone actually listened.

She asked me what I wanted. I didn’t have an answer. I didn’t know.

Then….

“present. I want to be present.”

It was a difficult road, but now on the other side…I can finally say…

“I am here.”

This entry was posted in Encouragement, Stuck-in-a-funk{y} Life, Writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Five Minute Friday: Here

1. Wow. So powerful. Thank you so much for sharing this…and being so open.
    Tracy@Dear life from a mom of boys recently posted..Five Minute Friday : HereMy Profile

2. Dr Erhumu says:

Here via Monday Medical Blog Hop, that was beautiful! My own interpretation of the short story is that of being given a second chance to love those things one takes for granted.
    Dr Erhumu recently posted..DEALING WITH DEMENTIA.My Profile

3. Chelle says:

Beautifully written. So glad you joined FMF…I’ve never enjoyed writing and reading about one word so much. Welcome to your “here.” Hallelujah that you made it.
    Peace and good.
    Chelle recently posted..Here…My Profile

Hi Chelle- I’m glad I joined in the FMF fun too. I love reading what everyone comes up with. And how one word can mean so many different things to so many people :)

4. Hey Amber! Visiting you from FMF. I love this. This is exactly how I’ve felt before. And sometimes still do. Thanks for being willing to share this. I appreciate it! I’d like to hear more about the help you got and how it’s been.
    Tammy Perlmutter recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Being HereMy Profile

Hey Tammy, thanks for stopping by. There have been days when I get glimpses of those old days. Not fun, but I know now it doesn’t have to be that way and doesn’t have to last forever.

5. Love this friend. I want to remain present and here in the moment too. That is a true gift!!
    Positively Alene recently posted..here I am – crazy thoughts and all.My Profile

6. Amy Tilson says:

What a simple way to share such a big part of part of your life in a way that speaks to so many. This can be a years long struggle, or just for a moment, but it’s so important. Thank you for sharing this.

It’s funny because I’ve been wanting to write about this, but kept over thinking it and it would end up so long with way too many details. This prompt made me get straight to the point! And yes, it can be years (like mine) or shorter moments. Thanks for stopping by, Amy!

7. Not to take away from your story, but I understand completely. So thankful HE pulled, carried and walked beside as He walked up through, in and out of our fog.

Thank you for your transparent writing. “Liked” your page and subscribed via email. Looking forward to reading more…
    Stefanie Brown (@stefanieybrown) recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Here…My Profile

So glad that there are other that can understand this. I think there are a lot more of “us” out there than we think. Thanks for stopping by Stefanie!

8. So nice to meet you. Oh, I think our hearts linked up in a major way here today. This, this being present and fully in the moment. Its what I wrote about also. I’m visiting from Lisa Jo’s and its great to read words that are so in tune with my own challenges of being right here, right now. Bless you in your journey. And thank you for your beautiful honest words, HERE.

Elizabeth- Our hearts are most definitely linked today! Just like you mentioned in your post…a second chance to live. So thankful for it!

9. Mary Beth says:

I’m so glad you got the help you needed to bring you “here”! What a blessing to have others willing to serve in that way.
    Mary Beth recently posted..Five Minute Friday: HereMy Profile

Yes! I am so thankful for licensed professionals who are willing to listen and guide me out of my funk :) Thanks for stopping by Mary Beth.

10. Kris says:

I just stopped by to see who one of my Medical Mondays buddies was going to be for Monday …. and Wow … what an awesome post!
    Kris recently posted..Hills and valleys ….My Profile

11. Linda Stoll says:

Yes … to be fully present is a huge gift we give to ourselves and to those around us. To be absorbed in what is happening at this moment instead of being captivated by the past or pining for the future … that’s what makes life sing!

Lovely.
    Linda Stoll recently posted..Out of the Abundance of the Heart …My Profile

So true, Linda. Now that I am “here” I have to battle against planning the days ahead. I try to control them and am working on just trusting and living in here and now.

12. I just love your blog … it’s a recent discovery for me and I’m now a follower. I have nominated you for an award as a way to help get your blog out there so others can enjoy it as much as I do! Please drop by http://www.kadeewillow.com/ to pick it up. Just sharing the love!!

13. That is fantastic! Nothing better than getting out that funk. It can be a looonnnnggg funk… Blessings.
    Student Mom (Jenn) recently posted..Five Minute Friday – HEREMy Profile

14. Barbie says:

What a beautiful testimony! Stopped over from the 5 Minute Friday!

15. Denise says:

Great post.
    Denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday/HereMy Profile

16. Such an important thing to be able to say….
    Jenni Mullinix recently posted..Living Where God Has Placed UsMy Profile

17. Michele-Lyn says:

Oh, you and I were on the same page with this one. It’s nice to meet you :) It’s a beautiful community. Blessings.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..HERE {Five Minute Friday}My Profile